BlinkD

30 Office-Friendly Jokes That Are Actually Funny Best Life

There are two possible things that could happen when you tell a joke at the workplace. One, everybody laughs and tells you you're hilarious. That's the best case scenario. The worst case is your joke offends a coworker, they report it to HR, and you get fired. That might be a long shot, but humor at the office is always a risky proposition. What might seem harmless to you could rub a colleague the wrong way.

As Toby Young, bestselling author of How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, once warned, cracking jokes around coworkers or even your boss "is a risk that simply isn't worth taking. In almost every case, you're flouting authority. And that is often punishable by dismissal." Play it safe with these 30 work appropriate jokes designed for an office environment. And for more PG-rated laughs that aren't funny office jokes, don't miss the 75 Jokes So Bad They're Actually Funny.

My daughter told me she wants to be a secret agent. Based on that alone, I don't think she'd be a good secret agent.

You have my Word!

I gave up my seat to a blind person on the bus. And that's how I lost my job as a bus driver.

And for more silly jokes, don't miss the 40 Dumb Wordplay Jokes That Will Crack You Up.

red paint bucket and brush

Red paint.

To blame it on someone else shows management potential.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

And for more cheap chuckles that aren't work jokes, check out the 50 Knock Knock Jokes Guaranteed to Crack You Up.

talking to doctor about big boobs

When an employment application asks who is to be notified in case of emergency, I always write, "A very good doctor."

car mechanic holding wrench

I've never once been able to explain my car trouble to a mechanic without resorting to sound effects.

Nothing ruins a Friday more than suddenly realizing it's actually Tuesday.

I live in constant fear that my kid will become a famous artist or painter and I will have thrown out about a trillion dollars of her work.

Forty-two percent of statistics are made up.

I have all the money I'll ever need—if I die by 4:00 p.m. today.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Police have arrested the world tongue-twister champion. I imagine he'll be given a tough sentence.

A dog has an owner. A cat has a staff.

Why do I drink so much coffee? It helps me do stupid things faster and with more energy.

organized desk overlooking east river

It's a sure sign of a cluttered desk drawer.

slang people over 30 won't get

If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane.

I quit my job at the helium gas factory. I refused to be talked to in that tone of voice!

this is a trash person, Worst Dating Phrases

My girlfriend said, "You act like a detective too much. I want to split up."

"Good idea," I replied. "We can cover more ground that way."

The boss told me to have a good day. So I went home.

None. It's a hardware problem.

hilarious words

I'm here for whatever you need me to do from the couch.

woman doing math

What does a mathematician say when something goes wrong? Figures!

zookeeper

My new girlfriend works at the zoo. I think she's a keeper.

The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

pickup truck

Thanks to self-driving cars, it's only a matter of time before there's a country song where a guy's truck leaves him too.

The inventor of the throat lozenge has died. There will be no coffin at his funeral.

genie lamp

A genie asked, "What's your first wish?"

Steve answered, "I wish I was rich."

The genie nodded and then said, "What's your second wish, Rich?"

Middle age is when work is a lot less fun and fun a lot more work.

And for more laughs about aging, check out the 40 Best Jokes About Turning 40.

To discover more amazing secrets about living your best life, click here to sign up for our FREE daily newsletter!

ncG1vNJzZmialajBrbXFnqanpJmjsm%2BvzqZmqJ6WnrCmecWroJ6mlKHGbrbOpJysZw%3D%3D

Martina Birk

Update: 2024-05-07